This page has been visited times since March 11, 1998.
The Saint Louis Radio Controlled Flying Association, officially known as Saint Louis RC, is a club dedicated to enjoying and spreading the hobby of radio-controlled flying. The flying field has a
- 500 ft. asphalt runway
- Helicopter pad,
- Covered pavilion
- Gravel parking lot
- Barbecue pit
The club's private field is located at the northeast corner of Highway 21 (Tesson Ferry Road) and the Meramec River in St. Louis County. The club has members willing to help people through every stage of the hobby, including teaching you to fly, giving building hints, and generally increasing your confidence as a pilot. All levels of flyers and all interests (scale and giant scale, warbirds, ducted fans, helicopters) are represented. Several events are sponsored each year. The club is organized by:
-   1998 Calendar of Events
-   Big Bird 1998 - Meeting Information
-   Big Bird 1998 - Registration Form
-   Big Bird 1998 - Participation Information Form
-   Map to the Flying Field
-   Membership Information
-   Membership Application Form
-   Submit Your Application through E-mail
-   Membership List and Channel Use Survey
-   Big Bird 1997
-   The Flying Field
-   Member's Pictures
-   Member's Planes
-   Bart's planes
-   December 1997 Christmas Meeting
-   Halloween Chili Fly, 1997
-   Useful Flying-Related Information
-   Safety Checklist for your plane
-   Instruction Programs for Novices
-   RC Flight Simulators
-   Swap and Trade Page
-   Kit review submission form
-   Links to RC related sites
-   New Services
- SLRC Chat room
- Message Board 1 - Field, Events and Club topics
- Message Board 2 - Planes, Radios and Flying
- View Our Guestbook Sign Our Guestbook
- Add your name to our mailing list
Bart has programmed the Saint Louis RC flying field into the CSM simulator. It is now available to be downloaded from the simulator page.
Request for Flight Simulator ReviewsWe would like to collect members' reviews of the commonly-available flight simulators available for the PC (including the Tower Hobbies, CSM, Dave Brown and Ambrosia simulators). If you would like to send me comments about any of these simulators you have tried, I will put them all together and make a summary page to help other members planning to buy one of them.
Request for kit reviews.If you have recently built a plane, from a trainer (especially a trainer!) to a jet, let others know what you thought of the kit. Click here to view the submission form. Either print the form a give it to a board member, or paste it into an e-mail and send it to one of the addresses at the bottom of this page. We will develop a listing of different airplane reviews. (Thanks to Bart for the form and the idea).
Are you on the Member Contact List?We want to make contact information available for club members, together with the radio channels that they currently use. This will help you to find an "under-used" channel when buying a new radio To be added to this list, simply send me an e-mail or call me with the appropriate information.
You may also give feedback using the online form.